Taqado Mexican Kitchen Dubai DIFC
In Dubai UAE there is about only a handful of Mexican restaurants and most are not that authentic. When I heard about Taqado’s Mexican Kitchen I decided to give it a try. I’m from California and have tasted some of the most authentic Mexican food there is. I went in thinking and hoping that Taqado’s Mexican Kitchen would be decent if anything.
BOY WAS I WRONG!
Taqados’s offers a good range of dishes like:
- And much more
The great thing about their menu is you get to decide how you want your dished made and what should be in it.
I got the soft tacos with Barbacoa meat filling. Which is pulled beef marinated and cooked slowly. All the meat at Taqado’s is grass feed and Halal as per the UAE rules.
My toping where
Onions, cilantro, with salsa roja, Mexican cheese and sour cream.
The soft taco’s where the best I have had in Dubai. The meat was tender and well seasoned, and all the flavors worked.
They also offer some of the best hot sauces in the UAE my favorite was Salsa Picante De Chile Habanero…
For desert I had the Churros with caramel filling paired with a Mexican spicy hot chocolate.
This was pure heaven. It was the perfect end to a wonderful meal.
If you’re in Dubai or visiting then go to Taqado Mexican Kitchen.
Great food, reasonable pricing, and you will leave knowing that your money was spent on delicious food.
This recipe is very special and close to my heart. My three sisters and I created this recipe many years ago. That’s what happens when the Mateen ladies are hungry. We get creative.
- 1 Whole chicken (Cut into pieces of 10 with skin on)
- Yogurt 1 ½ cups
- Garlic 4 pieces diced
- Lemon 2 juice and zest
- Black pepper
- Chili powder 2 tablespoon
- Fresh Rosemary 5 sprigs
- Coriander powder 2 tablespoon
- Flour 3 cups all purpose flour
- Semolina 1/3 cup (optional)
- Sriracha 2 tablespoons
- Nando’s Peri Peri hot sauce 2 tablespoons
- Paprika 2 tablespoons
- Garlic powder 1 tablespoon
- Peanut oil For Frying
Put the chicken pieces into a large bowl, season with salt, pepper add half of the diced rosemary. Add the 1 table spoon of chili power, 2 tablespoon of sriracha, Peri Peri sauce, add the fresh diced garlic and ½ tablespoon of garlic powder , Add your lemons juice and zest. Add 1 tablespoon of coriander and the 1-½ cups yogurt. Leave to marinate (for best results marinate overnight or marinate for 2 hours minimum)
In a large shallow platter, mix with a fork the flour, semolina, garlic powder, paprika, rosemary, coriander and cayenne until well blended; season generously with salt and pepper.
Take the chicken and coat with the seasoned flour one by one. Make sure to coat the chicken well. Set the coated chicken aside in a separate dish.
Put about 3 inches of oil into a large deep pot; it should not come up more than half way.
Once the oil has reached 350 to 365 degrees F, working in batches, carefully add the chicken pieces 4 or 5 at a time. Fry, turning the pieces once, until golden brown and cooked through, about 12 minutes. Total cooking time should be about 30 minutes. When the chicken is done, take a big skimmer and remove the chicken pieces
Serve with some mash potatoes, garlic bread and side of veggies baked or steamed.
Afghani Egg’s all in one pan technique (serving 5 people)
- Eggs (5 to 6 eggs Organic or Omega 3 eggs)
- Onion (1 medium size)
- Tomato (2 small tomatoes)
- Garlic (3)
- Green Chile (1 small chili)
- Salt (To your liking)
- Paprika (1tea spoon)
- Dried Coriander (2 tea spoons)
- Chile powder (to your liking I do 1 tea spoon)
- Fresh Cilantro (To your liking I use about ¼ cup diced)
- Turkish Sujuk (I use Turkish sausage this is up to your liking)
- Olive oil (2 Table spoons+ a nob of butter)
Step one prep
- Get a food processor ready.
- Peel a onion and cut in half
- Cut the tomatoes in half
- Peel the garlic
- Cut the stem of the chili off
- Now get the food processor put the garlic and chili in and dice to a small consistency. Once done take out and set aside
- Now get the onion and do the same step in the food processor. Keep in mind the onion should be a small dice or follow the pictures below. Take out and set aside.
- Get the tomatoes and put in the food processor *small dice.
- Dice the fresh cilantro (use a knife not the food processor) put aside.
- Cut the Turkish Sausage in slices same as the picture below and set aside.
Step Three Cooking starts
- Heat the pan under medium heat add oil / butter.
- Then add the onion and cook on medium heat until soft.
- Add the garlic and chili to the pan with the onions cook for 1 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomatoes cook for 4 minutes
- Add the sausage then start the seasoning process
- Salt, pepper, chili powder, coriander powder, and paprika.
- Bring the heat to low once your seasoning have been added.
- Add the eggs one at a time same as the picture below.
- Cook the eggs to the consistency of your liking.
Turn off the heat add the fresh diced cilantro and server with a wedge of lemon (my kids like their eggs with lemon)